Sign in to follow this  
Tier_NZ

Stubborn Fat Burner Help

Posted this yesterday but seems to be on a different linked forum? Not sure whats going on...anyways!

Hello , I am into the final stages of a cut and have 'stubborn fat' left you could say. What would be the best Stubborn Fat Burner Supplement available in NZ?

I tried to order yohimbine from the states but that failed obviously... Wanting an alpha antagonist.

Have Alphamine which has Boldine added but does not say the quantity - and very little research to back up the alpha antagonist claims etc.

Follow Lyle Mcdonalds Stubborn Fat Loss Protocols etc.

Thank you for any advice on this subject.

Male.  I am experienced in weight loss etc. Not a typical case. To save all the drama I am coming from a 52 kg weight loss. Just don't want this thread to stray ..

Do you have any advice to the original post? 

If you have been on a continual deficit diet without any kind of cheat cycle your body is probably in survival mode.

In b4 dnp

You're expecting a lot of answers without giving us much information. Have you considered a diet break to allow your metabolism to 'reset'?

I'm not saying binge, but just eat at maintenance level for a couple of weeks, and then recalculate your macros and work from there.

You thought about trying a product such as Testovol or Shockwave for the anti estrogen benefits for weight loss?

3 hours ago, fridgeyeti said:

You're expecting a lot of answers without giving us much information. Have you considered a diet break to allow your metabolism to 'reset'?

I'm not saying binge, but just eat at maintenance level for a couple of weeks, and then recalculate your macros and work from there.

Am I? I thought I made it clear I just want peoples advice on the best fat burner in NZ - if any that are more related to stubborn fat (alpha antongist etc).

Ive wanted this to be straight forward as possible without the 21 questions and assumptions im newbie etc

Edited by Tier_NZ

1 hour ago, Varis said:

You thought about trying a product such as Testovol or Shockwave for the anti estrogen benefits for weight loss?

No have not looked into this.

More interested in something thats best at ramping up catecholamines , blood flow , alpha 2 antagonist for fasted cardio. (like yohimbine - if anything)

Was using 200mg caffeine , 1g of l-tyrosine and egcg

Tried Diablo the other day and felt that it was very overrated.

Appear to be getting a little boost from Alphamine Advanced and more viens appearing in abdominal region.

Problem is ive reached 62KG for 6 foot which is way underweight for me - calories average 1926/day.

Was wanting to give something a good whack at the end of a long diet before starting a reverse diet etc. Im typically very anti supplement and have resorted to them as a last resort for stubborn fat.

Edited by Tier_NZ

On 12/17/2017 at 6:51 PM, mud runner said:

If you have been on a continual deficit diet without any kind of cheat cycle your body is probably in survival mode.

In b4 dnp

I have a weekly cheat cycle - any advice on what you believe is the best fat burner legally available in your opinion?

Edited by Tier_NZ

3 hours ago, fridgeyeti said:

What length of time do you recommend for a diet break? Ive seen conflicting times eg 1 week 2? Also what increase in calories do you recommend? If I went straight to maintenance after pretty much 8 months of relatively solid dieting I fear that 'maintenance' might not be what it used to be with a down regulation/adaption of my metabolism...

4 hours ago, hamdanz said:

62 kg at 6 foot wtf? Stop trying to lose weight, unless Ethiopian is your goal?

Yes you nailed it - any suggestions to the OP on supplements...being a supplements website in the supplements section?

Getting a bit touchy there with your responses.  Learn to take a joke etc op.  Short answer NO.  

You talk about having tried different fat burners.  You have done research obviously, and you're quite snarky with your newfound apparent wisdom.

Clearly nothing touches that little spot on your back or whatever that you're so paranoid about.  Do you want people to comment on your ribs on the beach? Maybe go talk to your local isogenix consultant?

16 minutes ago, hamdanz said:

Getting a bit touchy there with your responses.  Learn to take a joke etc op.  Short answer NO.  

You talk about having tried different fat burners.  You have done research obviously, and you're quite snarky with your newfound apparent wisdom.

Clearly nothing touches that little spot on your back or whatever that you're so paranoid about.  Do you want people to comment on your ribs on the beach? Maybe go talk to your local isogenix consultant?

You could say that - was quite simply wanting suggestions on what people on this supplement forum thought was the most effective 'fat burner' in their opinion.

Im yet to get one recommendation from someone that has had good results from one.

Just keep getting questions...starts to get frustrating when you just want a simple answer - im not expecting a magic supplement to save the day.

I  guess I knew your 'joke' was coming hence why I said I knew I was already underweight... *sigh*

20 hours ago, Tier_NZ said:

What length of time do you recommend for a diet break? Ive seen conflicting times eg 1 week 2? Also what increase in calories do you recommend? If I went straight to maintenance after pretty much 8 months of relatively solid dieting I fear that 'maintenance' might not be what it used to be with a down regulation/adaption of my metabolism...

Maintenance calories for your body now is not what it was pre-diet. I'm not sure if you're familiar with Andy Morgan's work, but he has a pretty simple guide here:

https://rippedbody.com/finding-calorie-maintenance/

But like you said, if you're that underweight, you should probably take a break and focus on building muscle instead.

As far as a supplement goes, there probably isn't much available here legally that would do what you need. You've already been reading Lyle McDonald, and I think his advice is Yohimbine, which isn't available here. Most of what we get here is a big caffeine dose with some extra stuff in it. Have you tried Thunderstorm?

11 minutes ago, fridgeyeti said:

Maintenance calories for your body now is not what it was pre-diet. I'm not sure if you're familiar with Andy Morgan's work, but he has a pretty simple guide here:

https://rippedbody.com/finding-calorie-maintenance/

But like you said, if you're that underweight, you should probably take a break and focus on building muscle instead.

As far as a supplement goes, there probably isn't much available here legally that would do what you need. You've already been reading Lyle McDonald, and I think his advice is Yohimbine, which isn't available here. Most of what we get here is a big caffeine dose with some extra stuff in it. Have you tried Thunderstorm?

Thank you ill have a look into that link - yes its unfortunately looking that way ,  Caffeine and voodoo hype products. 'Feels' doesn't mean shit to me if you don't get results...

No have not tried that - looks like a relatively suitable product for what im wanting - I assume this is calorie/sugar free from what I can see?

Based on the photo in the other thread and what you've said you don't need a fat burning product, you can't target the areas you want, really. There are a few products that may help like helios which is a site injection form of yoh/clen but you need to inject twice a day and have exercise and diet on point. You can get various rub on creams from america that are banned here so they'll likely be stopped on the way into the country. I'm going to guess based on how much weight you've lost your lean muscle mass is actually quite low. You don't get low body fat just by losing weight. 

My best advice to you is to start building muscle and give those stubborn areas time to lean out via resistance training. Love handles are hard to move even when you're about to step on stage and everyones body is different and holds fat more in some spots than others. 

I could rattle off some names if you really want like ANS Inferno which I take daily because I don't drink coffee but really no little pill filled with caffeine, plant extracts and peppers will dissolve in your belly and go "hey bro's lets move down to this kids lower back and liposuction some stubborn fat" 

If you're worried about taking advice from randoms on the forums feel free to check out @dondewes on insta I like to think I've learnt a shit load of stuff from nutritionist and trainers who are friends, friends who have done things a hell of a long time and some of the people on here.

One last thing , this is a personal opinion which is why I left it til last - 6 foot/62kg for a male is not right. 1926 calories is not right either. My fiance is 5 foot 5 and 57kg - females use a lot less calories than males and shes on about the same as you when she gyms 3 times a week, less when she doesn't and more when she trains more. I'd say you've hit a starvation wall and your body is too catabolic to allow anymore "fat" loss and anything on the scales would be muscle/fluid related and probably just goes up/down round the same amount.

Good luck.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, donz said:

Based on the photo in the other thread and what you've said you don't need a fat burning product, you can't target the areas you want, really. There are a few products that may help like helios which is a site injection form of yoh/clen but you need to inject twice a day and have exercise and diet on point. You can get various rub on creams from america that are banned here so they'll likely be stopped on the way into the country. I'm going to guess based on how much weight you've lost your lean muscle mass is actually quite low. You don't get low body fat just by losing weight. 

My best advice to you is to start building muscle and give those stubborn areas time to lean out via resistance training. Love handles are hard to move even when you're about to step on stage and everyones body is different and holds fat more in some spots than others. 

I could rattle off some names if you really want like ANS Inferno which I take daily because I don't drink coffee but really no little pill filled with caffeine, plant extracts and peppers will dissolve in your belly and go "hey bro's lets move down to this kids lower back and liposuction some stubborn fat" 

If you're worried about taking advice from randoms on the forums feel free to check out @dondewes on insta I like to think I've learnt a shit load of stuff from nutritionist and trainers who are friends, friends who have done things a hell of a long time and some of the people on here.

One last thing , this is a personal opinion which is why I left it til last - 6 foot/62kg for a male is not right. 1926 calories is not right either. My fiance is 5 foot 5 and 57kg - females use a lot less calories than males and shes on about the same as you when she gyms 3 times a week, less when she doesn't and more when she trains more. I'd say you've hit a starvation wall and your body is too catabolic to allow anymore "fat" loss and anything on the scales would be muscle/fluid related and probably just goes up/down round the same amount.

Good luck.

Thank you for taking the time to write your response , much appreciated.

Yes will be starting a reverse diet after Xmas as im starting to lose stamina etc in hockey games too lately... 

Ah well I think that settles it really - thanks everyone for your insights.

been using my comp prep diet with extra cals, mixed with l carnitine and my thermos daily lost 3 kgs in 2 weeks 98kgs still peeled to the max ;D

On 12/21/2017 at 10:23 AM, Blackcoffee said:

been using my comp prep diet with extra cals, mixed with l carnitine and my thermos daily lost 3 kgs in 2 weeks 98kgs still peeled to the max ;D

I heard once l-carnitine can increase appetite?

41 minutes ago, Tier_NZ said:

I heard once l-carnitine can increase appetite?

Could be why you only heard it once