Sign in to follow this  
mud runner

1 in 20 supplements contain roids

A new study by the University of Otago and researchers in Australia found one in 20 sports supplements they looked at contained anabolic steroids, and many didn't declare it on their labels. 

Follow link to read more

http://www.radionz.co.nz/national/programmes/afternoons/audio/201860140/hidden-steroids

Download to listen to the discussion here aft-20170927-1325-hidden_steroids-128.mp3

Would not name the supplements? Lol there aren't that many oral steroids TBH and then there are SARMS as well which are pretty much just as good but people use them and can claim natty and be less likely to be tested positive - RAD140 is 9 times more anabolic than injectable test and you get it in pill form and it's a SARM, I say this as I have crossfit mates who smash SARMS like candy and then say nah bro I'm natty lmao~ I would be suprised if there was anything 'decent' in the supps tested at a dose you'd even notice based on the price they offer them for which all seem same/same across the supp board. I guess if you see a 30 serve suddenly priced at 160 per tub you'd be getting better results lmao~ I really want to know what they supposedly found! 

True nattys don't even use pre workouts unless the company can confirm they're WADA complaint etc 

Side note - lol at the small unjacked dude they used for the photo, way to drive home that steroid advantage 

such bad reporting.

I went through that University paper as was concerned

None of the products pulled up i could find sold in new zealand.

As if you look at the nutrition profiles in her paper you can pull it back to the exact product.

• Like 1

I saw a NZ basketballer got a 4 year ban for taking oxyshred or something which has the controlled substance higenamine in it.

Now everyone thinks he's on roids.

On 12/18/2017 at 5:01 PM, Varis said:

such bad reporting.

I went through that University paper as was concerned

None of the products pulled up i could find sold in new zealand.

As if you look at the nutrition profiles in her paper you can pull it back to the exact product.

An article I read said that 6 products could be purchased here, one is even made in NZ. 

Where you've got a fairly unregulated market, which is supplying customers who are routinely after the 'best' and 'strongest' suplement, it makes sense for them to be spiked.

The industry probably needs an overhaul, but in the grand scheme of things it's small fry and not within the radar of most of our elected officials so I can't see why they'd bother. 

Probably the biggest (aka public knowledge) even regarding supplements containing banned ingredients was the Jesse Ryder incident whereby he took a Detonate and was banned appropriately for having a disallowed stim in his system.

On 12/20/2017 at 1:23 PM, Gerbil said:

Where you've got a fairly unregulated market, which is supplying customers who are routinely after the 'best' and 'strongest' suplement, it makes sense for them to be spiked.

The industry probably needs an overhaul, but in the grand scheme of things it's small fry and not within the radar of most of our elected officials so I can't see why they'd bother. 

Probably the biggest (aka public knowledge) even regarding supplements containing banned ingredients was the Jesse Ryder incident whereby he took a Detonate and was banned appropriately for having a disallowed stim in his system.

You'd be surprised at the red tape around these days, anybody who would consider stocking something with banned ingredients not on the label is a fkn idiot.. Pretty much puts your business into disrepute, And risks the whole thing. I'm pretty anal when it comes to this.. and of course, (1) It's unethical and (2) It's purely fkn wrong.

Just like the protein powders you know that are spiked with amino acids, which are for the most part gone now. (But 3 years ago it was huge) - I would tell the customer straight up.. You're not going to get gains from this, This is the reason why. - Dunno how you'd sleep at night to be honest if you sold that.

I remember meeting a owner of a massive supplement company for dinner, Told him straight to his face.. Face it your product is a bag of FKn sand.. Lol should have seen his expression, Priceless.

If you're clued up in the supplement industry, It's fairly obvious who these companies are that undertake this practice, And to be honest most of them are falling over, or have fallen over.. As even in america, The GOVT departments will always win, Stupid business really.

You know the person who made Detonate pretty much lost his entire business and perhaps had to sell it due to bankruptcy I'm not 100% Sure was a while ago- Sure he made a killing short term, But long term he lost everything.

Rant/10

• Like 2

It's actually really good to see someone in the industry who is actually straight up with people @Varis . There is definitely people out there that care more about a sale.

@VarisThank you for the insight! Has the supps industry ever thought about expanding their potential clientele - targetting the adrenaline junkies who traditionally enjoy support from 'V' and "Red Bull" etc? Call me naive but I've often wondered, as I'd happy take a PWO over a can of Red bull any day.  

22 minutes ago, Gerbil said:

@VarisThank you for the insight! Has the supps industry ever thought about expanding their potential clientele - targetting the adrenaline junkies who traditionally enjoy support from 'V' and "Red Bull" etc? Call me naive but I've often wondered, as I'd happy take a PWO over a can of Red bull any day.  

I know there's a couple company's that make pwo aimed at gamers. But not sure otherwise. 

21 hours ago, Gerbil said:

I think there's a company who blew up who sponsered some top level gamers, Can't recall who it was.

But more or less it's easier to target people wanting to lose weight, as more people overweight than gaming ect. - easier target market for the masses.