Sign in to follow this  
Gerbil

Whey Protein Supplement Discussion

Hey Everyone, 

As it's Summer time again let's have a great thread to help people sort out their protein supplement, as there's a large variety of flavors and options available and not all are created equal.

what's your reliable, go to whey supplement that tastes great and would provide someone starting out with everything they'll need?

There are plenty of good brands out there. Personally I like protein blends Musclepharm, Giant Sports, ANS, BSN are all great brands.

As for flavor I always go with either chocolate or vanilla. I find too many brands have hit and miss flavors like peanut butter cookie dough etc.

The plus side with vanilla you can always blend it with fruit etc if you are that way inclined 

Musclepharm always has great flavours and definitely worth if if you get it on special. I bought a 10lb bag of banana flavour but cant remember the brand. @hamdanz might know what it was called. Tasted just like banana lollies. Had a pretty good ingredient profile too.

1 minute ago, Ethanlee said:

Musclepharm always has great flavours and definitely worth if if you get it on special. I bought a 10lb bag of banana flavour but cant remember the brand. @hamdanz might know what it was called. Tasted just like banana lollies. Had a pretty good ingredient profile too.

PHD Pharma Whey ?

It's the goods.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Pigs8u said:

There are plenty of good brands out there. Personally I like protein blends Musclepharm, Giant Sports, ANS, BSN are all great brands.

As for flavor I always go with either chocolate or vanilla. I find too many brands have hit and miss flavors like peanut butter cookie dough etc.

The plus side with vanilla you can always blend it with fruit etc if you are that way inclined 

If you like spiking, go for the giant or musclepharm blend.

Don't think much happened with the Court shit, but everyone relaunched their protein without such blatant spiking, so we're the winners at the end of the day.

Why hasn't xplosiv come out with a price point xplosiv homebrand range

Nothing flash just cheap bulk bags of staples like whey, we have plenty of grass fed cows in this country, shouldn't be too hard to source a supplier.

On 12/4/2017 at 1:42 PM, Pigs8u said:

@hamdanz I was waiting for someone to bring up amino spiking. Whats the news on the lawsuits anyway?

Amino spiking isn't as main stream anymore, there's a few companies in NZ who still sell amino spiked product, it's not hard to figure out who either.

As for Protein taste, My personal preference is actually the wizard shapeshift, It's mild but sweet enough, mixes easily and not overpowering.. Actually made it based on what i like.

In terms of a mass taste profile, Titan is unbeatable.. Feedback so good on that eh.

@Pies, Will be easier for me to setup an aggressive code for the local OG's on brands i have higher margin on so you can get it for the same price as thrift shit anyway.